Thursday, October 29, 2009

Big Headed Baby...

It's a BABY! Two arms, two legs, strong heartbeat, and really likes to put its hand in or around its mouth! At my next appointment on November 30th, we find out the sex of this little one! I'm thinking boy, Matt's thinking girl (but, that's because he secretly wants a boy and he doesn't think he's lucky enough to get one!). I got to hear the heartbeat today. Its a really moving experience. Much more so than I originally thought. That "whoosh-whoosh-whoosh" is a comforting sound! Especially when it took the nurse a good 5 minutes to find it!
So far, all prenatal tests are good. All measurements are on track. Seeing the perinatalogist definitely eased some of my fears of being a pregnant Type 1 diabetic! She said almost all complications are in women that have a A1C above 8 (mine was 6.5) and very poorly controlled blood sugars. She also eased my worries about the occasional high blood sugar. While, not a good thing, it would not effect the baby as long as they weren't elevated for an extended period of time.
Probably the freakiest recent development is the fact that I can feel my uterus just below my belly button! But...there is a baby in there! Everyday I feel just a little bit bigger. Hopefully, soon I will start to look pregnant to everyone else instead of just feeling fat!
Next post to come on November 30th!!! With any luck, an annoucement of boy or girl!!!!

No comments: